- URL: http://www.strtrade.com/Seminars/Seminar_Desc.aspx?id=1779
- Date: 2011-07-14 13:00:00 EDT
- Listed: July 1, 2011 10:18 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
The Securities and Exchange Commission issued proposed draft regulations implementing the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (â€œDodd-Frank Actâ€). The impact of the Dodd-Frank Act is far-reaching as companies subject to SEC reporting requirements, including importers and retailers, will be required to report whether their goods contain â€œconflict mineralsâ€ from the Democratic Republic of Congo or certain adjoining countries.
Under the Dodd-Frank Act, conflict minerals include cassiterite, columbite-tantalite, gold, wolframite or their derivatives. These minerals are commonly used in the manufacture of a wide range of commercial products, including cell phones, computers, video game systems, medical equipment, electronics, communications equipment, automotive parts, aerospace and defense equipment, machinery, apparel, footwear, jewelry, glass, lamps, and canned foods.
Importers, manufacturers and retailers of these kinds of goods are encouraged to attend this informative webinar to learn how the Dodd-Frank Act may impact their operations, and receive the latest information on the status of the SEC’s anticipated issuance of final regulations sometime in late 2011. The webinar will address the following topics:
â€¢ Comprehensive overview of the Dodd-Frank Act and proposed SEC regulations;
â€¢ Identification of industries and companies that would be subject to the new requirements;
â€¢ Annual SEC reporting requirements; and,
â€¢ Due diligence considerations and key compliance issues raised by the proposed rules.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ebertoli
- Member Since: January 14, 2011
Other items listed by ebertoli
- Mastering ITAR License Exemptions In An Increasingly Complex Export Environment
- A Product Of Where? Country Of Origin Marking 101
- Conflict Mineral Reporting: What Technology-Related Importers, Manufacturers and Retailers Need to Know about the SEC’s Proposed Regulations
- Customs Broker’s Exam Webinar Preparation Course
- Importing into Brazil